- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 slice whole-grain bread
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound extra lean (91/9) ground beef
- 1/4 cup no salt added ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon no salt added tomato paste
- Combine the egg, milk, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce in a large mixing bowl. Tear or chop the bread into small cubes, add to the egg mixture and soak for about 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining meatloaf ingredients and combine, using a fork.
- Coat an 8-inch round glass or metal baking dish with nonstick spray. Transfer the meat to the dish and form into a meatloaf shape. Pour 1/2 cup water into the slow cooker liner to create a water bath for the baking dish. Set on low and cover. Cook for 6-8 hours.
- One hour before eating, combine the sauce ingredients in a small dish.
- Remove the lid from the slow cooker, and carefully (using an oven mitt or dry towel) remove the baking dish holding the meatloaf. Over a large bowl, slowly tilt the meatloaf to remove the fat that has pooled in the bottom of the dish. Pour the sauce over the meatloaf.
- Return to the slow cooker, replace the lid and cook 1 more hour. Remove the meatloaf from the slow cooker, and cool slightly before serving.
Serving Size: Makes 8 slices, 2 slices per serving. (About 4 ounces per serving)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 6.4 g
Saturated Fat 2.5 g
Cholesterol: 116.3 mg
Sodium: 189.2 mg
Total Carbs: 17.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein: 27.1 g
SmartPoints value : 6