Recipe By: Crafty Cooking by Anna
“If you are looking for a creamy, cheesy, flavorful recipe – this is it! Comfort food is always welcomed in every home. I think most of you will love this dish!”
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or as needed
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter, or more as needed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 green onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Oil a baking dish.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt, and black pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken and toss to coat well. Shake off excess breading.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cook and stir potatoes in the same skillet until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Add butter to the same skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add green onions and garlic and saute until garlic is browned, about 3 minutes. Add soup, broth, and sherry. Bring to a boil and cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and potatoes in the baking dish. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes more.