Recipe By: duboo
“If you like spinach and Mexican food, you’ll love these easy chicken enchiladas made with ricotta cheese and spinach.”
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach – thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 5 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir green onions and garlic in butter until fragrant and softened, about 2 minutes. Stir chicken, spinach, chili powder, black pepper, and salt into the green onion mixture and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Mix ricotta cheese, sour cream, 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into chicken mixture until thoroughly combined. Reserve remaining Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses for topping.
- Place tortillas into a plastic bag, seal bag, and microwave on high until warm and soft, 30 to 45 seconds. Spoon about 3/4 cup of chicken filling down the center of each tortilla in a line. Roll tortillas around filling and place with seam sides down into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over filled enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack and mozzarella cheeses over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling and cheese topping is browned at the edges, about 30 minutes.