Recipe By: LOLOK
“This mac and cheese has an intense sharp Cheddar cheese flavor with the kick of the jalapenos.”
- 1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 10 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons chile paste, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 cups whole milk
- 16 ounces shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until nearly crispy, about 5 minutes. Add jalapenos and fry with bacon until soft and bacon is crispy, about 5 minutes. Drain some of the bacon fat, leaving 4 tablespoons of fat in the pan.
- Stir chile paste into the pan and fry for 1 minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Cook and stir garlic in the pan for 1 minute. Pour in milk and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to cool slightly and prevent cheese from separating.
- Stir Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese into the mixture until melted. Add drained pasta and mix together. Serve.