Recipe By: Twila Davis Reed
“Creamy, savory spinach and artichoke dip baked inside of a ring of dough balls for dipping. Delicious!”
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked spinach, squeezed dry and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a round baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Shape pizza dough into a log and cut into 16 pieces. Roll pieces into balls and place around the edges of the dish. Brush with remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Combine light cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, spinach, artichoke hearts, garlic paste, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spoon into the middle of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pizza dough is puffed up and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.