For the steak:
- 1/2 lb thin cut beef round sandwich steaks
- 1/2 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 4 seconds cooking spray (I like Smart Balance)
- garlic powder to taste
- salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
For the sandwich:
- 12 oz French bread or baguette, cut into 4 pieces (see tip)
- 4 slices reduced-fat cheese slices (I used Sargento provolone)
HOW TO MAKE:
Start by preparing the steak, click Quick Skillet Steak with Mushrooms and Onions for the recipe.
Preheat oven to 425° or set your broiler to low.
Once the steak is cooked and ready, cut bread into 4 pieces. Divide steak and mushrooms evenly between four sandwiches and place a slice of cheese on each one. Place sandwiches on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven or broiler until the cheese melts; 2 – 3 minutes, careful not to burn if using the broiler.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1 sandwich • WW P+: 9 pts • SP : 13
Calories: 350.4 • Fat: 8.1 g • Protein: 24 g • Carb: 43.5 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 1.1 g Sodium: 26.8 mg (without salt)