1 can(s) sweetened condensed milk
1/4 c fresh lemon juice
8 oz cool whip, thawed
1 large angel food cake (or 2 small rectangular ones)
4 c fresh strawberries (sliced, mashed and sweetened)**
fresh strawberries for garnish
** I DIDN’T SWEETEN THEM -THEY WERE ALREADY SWEET -AND THE CONDENSED MILK IS SWEETENED. I ALSO DIDN’T MASH MINE -JUST SLICED THEM AND CUT EACH SLICE INTO ABOUT 4-6 PIECES. I LIKE IT A LITTLE CHUNKY.
1. Gather all ingredients.
2. Mix sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice together. Then fold in thawed Cool Whip.
3. Tear cake into pieces, or slice smaller cakes into approximately 1-inch pieces.
4. Layer 1/2 of the cake pieces in 9×13 inch baking dish.
5. Pour 2 cups of strawberries over cake.
6. Spread 1/2 of Sweetened Condensed Milk mixture over strawberries. Repeat by layering with other half of ingredients -beginning with the cake and ending with the topping (sweetened condensed milk mixture).
7. Garnish with fresh strawberries, if desired. Cool in refrigerator until ready to serve. Best when made a few hours in advance.
8. Enjoy a piece of heaven -“Strawberry Heaven.”
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!