- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bell peppers, cored and chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add the bell peppers and garlic and cook two minutes more. Stir in diced tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, rice, and salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer and let cook until rice is tender, about 18 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork, top with grated cheese, cover and let rest until cheese has melted. Serve and enjoy!