- 5 cups peaches, peeled and diced, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Ice cream/whipped cream/cool whip, optional, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together brown sugar, sugar and nutmeg, then mix in butter and water and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.
- Whisk in milk and vanilla extract until smooth, then fold in diced peaches.
- Pour filling into greased baking dish, then pour topping on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes, covering with aluminum foil, if necessary, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes before serving.