- 8 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb bacon, cooked, crumbled, and divided
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated and divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 green onions, sliced and divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a 9×9-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Rub potatoes thoroughly with olive oil and sprinkle them with salt. Place on a baking sheet or directly on oven rack and bake until tender, 45-60 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Let cool until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes and reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add sour cream and mayonnaise to bowl and stir to combine.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, 3/4 of the green onion, and 3/4 of the bacon and stir to combine. Spread into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese and bacon.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 10 minutes more. Top with green onions and serve. Enjoy!