“These individual sweet potatoes are great for Thanksgiving, or any time of year. I browned the butter to add a nutty flavor, plus added some cayenne pepper for a kick.”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes
- sea salt to taste
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub olive oil onto the outside of each sweet potato and sprinkle sea salt over each. Arrange sweet potatoes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a sharp knife easily pierces the potato, 50 to 60 minutes. Cool sweet potatoes until easily handled, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat until solids begin to brown and smell nutty, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop insides into a large bowl. Add browned butter, cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt, cayenne pepper, and black pepper and mash using a potato masher until smooth. Spoon mixture back into the sweet potato skins and top each with 1/4 cup marshmallows. Place sweet potatoes back onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven until warmed through and marshmallows are toasted, about 10 minutes.