Recipe by Bruce Lambert
This is a great comfort food.
1 1/2-2 lb lean ground beef
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 clove garlic, minced
1 small head of cabbage, chopped
2 can(s) diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz each
1 can(s) tomato sauce, 8 oz (more if needed)
1/2 c water
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add ground beef and onion and cook, stirring until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
3. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
4. Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, pepper, and salt.
5. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!